The Dare to Dream Scholarship
NOTE: Thank you for your interest in the Dare to Dream Scholarship! The window for the Class of 2023 Scholarship consideration has passed, and we are now in the review process for the 2024 scholarship! This is still the most accurate information in terms of what we are looking for and require of applicants, however, some elements of information like the amount of scholarships awarded, and the essay prompt may be subject to change! Please register for the Alumni Association to receive our official announcement about next years scholarship award! – Scholarship Committee
The Dare to Dream Scholarship 2023
The National Alumni Association of the Cincinnati
School for Creative & Performing Arts
The National Alumni Association of the Cincinnati School for Creative and Performing Arts is excited to announce and honored to invite 2023 Seniors to apply for the 2023 Dare to Dream Scholarship. As graduates and future graduates of SCPA, we collectively share a story. We attended a school that fostered artistic expression, built academic excellence, shaped our character, and encouraged us to persevere and see beyond our limitations.
The Dare to Dream Scholarship is intended to help students offset the cost of their educational or professional pursuits. This scholarship will be awarded to a graduating SCPA senior who has displayed a commitment to academic success, shown good character/personal growth, and persevered when faced with challenges. Whether you plan to pursue a career in the arts or another field, we know that your experience at SCPA has prepared you well.
This year our association is happy to announce that because of overwhelming alumni support we will be awarding scholarships again this year! 6 scholarships in total for qualifying seniors. We will have 2 $500 scholarship and 1 $1000 scholarship for students going into the arts as well as 2 $500 scholarship and 1 $1000 scholarship for a student who is not pursuing the arts.
To be considered for this scholarship you must:
- Be a current high school senior at SCPA
- A minimum GPA of 2.5
- Accepted into 2-4-year post-secondary institution
- 2 Submitted Letters of Recommendation from two trusted Teachers (Academic or Arts), Mentors, Employers, or Community Leaders who can speak to why you should be considered for this scholarship.
- or Accepted into a professional training program, internship, military service, or apprenticeship
- Write an essay (500 words min.) on the topic provided below:
“Kiss the Day Goodbye, and point me towards tomorrow.” – What I Did for Love from the hit musical a Chorus Line.
As you are preparing to say goodbye to your time at SCPA and enter a world still grappling with the effects of a global pandemic; Tell us about some skills you’ve learned during this time that can help you in your future endeavors and relationships?
Basic Requirements for all Essay Submissions:
- Typed (500 words min.)
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- MLA Format
Assessed Criteria Areas:
- Essay Prompt – Did you clearly address the Essay Prompt?
- Provide Skills Acquired – Did you clearly provide examples of skills you’ve acquired that will help you in the future?
- Essay Organization – Is your essay organized and clear in ideas from beginning to end?
- Writing Mechanics – Have you proof read your essay for technical, spelling, and grammatical errors?
- Academic Goals – Did you clearly provide examples of your Academic Goals and what you want to accomplish in the future?
Additional Helpful Writing Tips:
- Pay attention to grammar and spelling.
- Make sure you have written and formatted the essay according the guidelines above.
- Put your personality on paper! We need to be able to understand who you are through your writing.
- Reflect on and include the theme of our quote from a chorus line and try your best to have it relate back to your topic.
- Use details from your experience at SCPA to help elevate your essay topic.
Please complete the scholarship application and upload your essay by going to https://scpaalumni.org/scholarship/ If you have questions or experience any difficulty with uploading your essay, you can submit it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications and essays must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on April 21, 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be logged into a valid google account in order to submit your application! CPS Students can use their CPS emails for google accounts as well!
Please Apply and Upload Your Essay Here: https://forms.gle/nveFadXexCQuTJr98
Letter of Recommendations
2 Submitted Letters of Recommendation from two trusted Teachers (Academic or Arts), Mentors, Employers, or Community Leaders are required in order to be considered for this scholarship. Letters must be submitted via the form below.
Both submissions must be filled out in their entirety, reviewed , and attached with all necessary and needed information.
Submit Letter of Recommendation Here: https://forms.gle/jhhxnARtMGPxBcLM8
Click Here to see interviews with past Scholarship Winners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8aoghqwK2c&t=10s