SCPA’s Making a Living in the Arts (MALITA) program needs Alumni Mentors!
SCPA is looking for Alumni willing to mentor current seniors through the Making a Living in the Arts program, which helps to prepare and connect our students to career networks. If you have career insights in the arts to share and don’t mind giving your time to chat on the phone, answer an email, or meet for a coffee to give advice, WE WANT TO CONNECT WITH YOU!
Our students are looking at all kinds of arts related career fields. We need folks in traditional arts disciplines as well as administration, marketing, business, communications, trade unions, college reps and much more.
If interested, we will put you in touch with a student and hope you can attend one of the program sessions by Zoom to answer questions as part of a panel.
- Career Exploration: Jobs, gigs, self-employment, and side hustles
- Resources: Tactics to make your arts career dreams a reality
- Materials: Resumes, pitches, and positive use of social media
- Fast Start for the Arts: Trades, unions, and jumping directly into the industry after HS
- Career Geography: What you need to know to move to a major market city and make it
- The Digital Frontier: Creating an arts career from anywhere
- Away We Go: Goal setting for your future career
If you are interested in taking part in this program, please fill out the linked sign up sheet below and someone from the SCPA Alumni Association will reach out to you soon.